“But God,” I said, half laughing and half crying, “I can’t relax, I’ve got this list... things I came to pray for, you know...”
I waved the list, and just to show me what a drama princess I was, the list magically lengthened into an old-fashioned scroll, long and white and curly. I laughed and surrendered. What else can one do with God, you know.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. It’s a Catholic thing. It was scheduled between 7:30am and 12:30pm today at my church, and I knew I had to go (for a few minutes, at least), because I knew God was going to give me something. A gift. That’s what God does, you know.
I forgot that one doesn’t have to do anything to deserve it. Love, you know. And gifts. They’re unconditional.
So when the profound and unexpected sense of peace came over me, along with the permission to let go and just feel the peace, what did I say?
“I can’t....”
But I could. And I did. No list needed.
Thanks, God.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment