Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scent

I don’t wear perfume.

Perfume is almost an anachronism these days. Nobody buys it, except maybe as a gift- which ends up being one of those gifts no one ever uses. I’m not sure why. Maybe because so many people are are allergic to artificial fragrances, or perhaps the scent of perfume reminds them of the older generation who used to wear it- and who wants to smell like a blue-haired old lady?

“Body Sprays” are much more popular. They can be found in the bath section of department stores, or those specialty ‘Bath and Body’ stores at any local mall. They usually have a light floral or fruity smell.

Musk is out. Who ever wanted to smell like a deer’s genital gland, anyway?

Once in a while I get adventurous and try some sort of scent. Occasionally I find something I like, but usually not.

Last time I looked I didn’t find much. I settled for a scented body cream called “Vanilla and Sugar.”

Mm. Now I smell like a cookie.
.

No comments: