Thursday, January 1, 2009

So far

So the part of my brain that never leaves work reminded me that I hadn’t sent the order...

I was lying in bed before dawn, deciding whether or not to play hookey from church (New Year’s Day is a Holy Day of Obligation, you know) when the little memo about the neglected order slid into my consciousness. I tried to remember what was on the order, and whether any of it was urgent... “The kid’s father said 3 ondansetron tablets would last about a week... and it turned out there was no need for the pound jar of triamcinolone ointment after all... but there was that generic Sinemet that we most likely promised Mrs. C. would be in by Friday...”

Yeah, better sneak in to work (closed for the holiday), fire up the computer, and send the order. Might as well go to church, too. I need a spiritual fix.

I needed an exercise fix as well, so hopped out of bed jumped into my sweats. Watched TV while warming up & stretching. News, you know. The world seemed pretty much the same in 09 as in 08...

I’m not into New Year’s Resolutions, but I figured I’d better get back to my healthy eating habits, and that meant tossing the cookies. Literally. In other words, cold-heartedly disposing of a plate of yummy, home-made holiday treats that had been gift from a well-intentioned co-worker. Far too many delicious morsels for one little family to eat. I closed my eyes and dumped them into the trash...

Dedication, discipline and resolve. Mm. Guess I’m on the right track for the new year. So far anyway...
.

No comments: