She
was tired. And hungry. You can tell a lot about a gal by the way she
drives.
She
doesn’t know I can blog, so... shhh... don’t tell her, OK?
I
snuck this onto the web along with my monthly OnStar diagnostic report
By
the way, is snuck a word? I can’t seem
to connect with spellcheck...
James
here. Carla’s car. 2010 Camaro.
She’s in love with me, you know.
Smitten. She’s written many a blog about me, you know, so now it’s my
turn...
Tired,
hungry, and a little nervous. OK,
so I fishtailed a bit on that turn onto Route 16- the road that leads from
Gorham, New Hampshire south through the notch, past the highest mountain in the
Northeast... But my Perreli Scorpion Fire and Ice snow tires got a grip, and up
we went.
She
thought about turning around. I could
tell. She hit the brakes a few times
just to test me. I passed the test, so
she drove on.
She
turned on the radio. That was a good
sign.
Blue
flashing lights. That was a bad
sign.
We’d
almost made it to the top when we had to stop.
Those lights.. in the dark, with snow as reflector....millions of tiny
mirrors; the whole universe was nothing but flashing blue. A tow truck, too. Some idiot must have been going too fast.
My
clock said 8:45pm. She turned the radio
off. She started to shake, just a
little. Those lights. I knew it was those lights. I glared at them with my own. I sent a little pulse of warmth to her heated
seat, hoping it would relax her a little... that tight grip on my steering
wheel was starting to hurt!
“Wild
Cat, then Pinkham Notch Visitor, then Dana Place, then Jackson.” she whispered, listing landmarks, “The roads
have got to be better once we reach Jackson.
Then home... Just gotta drive
slow, that’s all...”
I’d
hate to be a tow truck. They don’t fit
very well on mountain roads. It took
forever.
Forever
over, we headed down. Sanded, salted and
plowed on that side of the notch.. Whew.
She
gave me a warm sponge bath this morning.
Which, I must say, I deserved!
Mm. I love how she loves me.
..
No comments:
Post a Comment