Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seascape Romance

Today my husband Steve and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. We just got back from a miniature get-away to Wentworth by the Sea- an historic New Hampshire hotel now run as a Marriott resort. Here's the review I wrote for TripAdvisor...

It was our 20th wedding anniversary, and we had but one night to celebrate... What to do? Seascape Romance Package to the rescue! From the friendly welcome at the registration desk upon arrival to a leisurely stroll of the grounds before our late morning departure, our miniature get-away was as special as I had hoped it would be.

We were assigned a lovely corner room on the third floor, with a picture-perfect view of the marina. The room (in fact the entire resort) was elegantly appointed with luxurious, old-fashioned decor which seemed to whisk us out of our every-day world into a sanctuary both timeless and serene.

The room impressed me as well for what it did NOT contain- no digital clock shining the time all night (no clock at all, thank goodness), no little drain on the bathtub that prevents one from filling the tub to ‘luxurious soak’ level, and no coffee maker to clutter things up. Sweet, serene simplicity.

The fare and service provided by the Dining Room exceeded my expectations. I started by asking whether our package (which included dinner and breakfast) limited us in our menu selections. I was delighted to hear that it did not. The salad (young spinach, baby beets, and goat cheese) was outstanding, as was dessert- the ‘just a bite’ item that I selected was just that, and just right.

Thank you, Wentworth by the Sea, for a splendid and memorable night.
.

2 comments:

Kent Parkstreet said...

Congratulations to both of you. Twenty years, yahoo!

Garnet said...

Thank you, Kent!