I grabbed my love one summer day
When I was feeling.... how should I say?
Well... frisky, but in an adventurous way,
I said, “Nocturnal is nice, but routine,
“Why not try daylight, surrounded by green?
“Look, it’s sunny and warm, imagine our luck,
“Let’s find a place outside where we’ll...
Fulfill our sweet dreams
In a bower of green,
To the soft melodies
Of the birds and the bees,
Our naked desire is all we require;
Sweet pleasure found under the trees.
Here in the woods most people like
To take a picnic or a hike,
But we don’t need boots or a basket of food,
Just fresh air and sunshine to set the mood;
A bed of ferns, a soft caress
Some tender touches to undress
Our love-life in a rut was stuck
But now we just can’t wait to...
Fulfill our sweet dreams
In a bower of green,
To the soft melodies
Of the birds and the bees,
Our naked desire is all we require;
Sweet pleasure found under the trees.
And though al fresco makes me smile,
The conditions are perfect just once in a while;
In the winter it snows,
In the spring- mosquitoes!
And in mud season, puddles and muck;
But it’s worth the wait
‘Cause I’d really hate
To miss such a chance to...
Fulfill our sweet dreams
In a bower of green,
To the soft melodies
Of the birds and the bees,
Our naked desire is all we require;
Sweet pleasure found under the trees.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is really good. I'm guessing that it is supposed to be a song. Who would you love to have sing it?
Thank you, Ben. Yes, it was written to be a song, though it is still searching for music. I have recently begun taking guitar lessons, with the long-term goal of setting some of my poems to music. I would love to be the one to sing it, with a smile on my face and a giant sparkle in my eye.
Phew, cold shower comment time again.
Problem with living inner city, takes an adventurous spirit to do it in the great outdoors around here, although my eleventh floor balcony isn't completely virginal.
Oh yeah, and that park where the giant goldfish swim about too.
I don't think I'd attempt it in a city. Something like that could get one on the 6 O'Clock News. *giggle*
Post a Comment