Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trading Recipes

So, yeah... I remembered to return the book.

I brought a bunch of magazines with me to read this time. Particularly my Prevention magazines. They’re always worth looking at, though I don’t always have time to peruse them as thoroughly as I’d like to.

The recipe section is my favorite. One can never have too many healthy recipes on hand. Mom and I always talk food and trade recipes while when we’re together. This time I brought a recipe with me called ’Poor Man’s Crab Cakes.’ They’re made with shredded zucchini instead of crab. We fixed them up for lunch one afternoon, and they were quite good. She copied the recipe.

I also got a recipe from her. She hadn’t tried it yet, but it was in a copy of a vegetarian magazine that she & dad had hanging around their house. It’s called Spicy Peanut Stew. It’s an African recipe. I’ll have to cut it down, ’cause it looks like it must make enough to serve an African tribe (calls for six cups of cooked brown rice in addition to all the veggies).

Mom loves food. Even though she eats a very healthy diet, I worry that she’s getting a little on the heavy side. I love food, too, but have somehow fine tuned my discipline and self-denial skills in that arena as well as in others...........
.

No comments: