“We’ll just take along rainbows.” I said. I meant ‘raincoats,’ but it came out wrong. I laughed and corrected myself, but could not stop imagining what it would be like to tote along a rainbow- perhaps on the end of a string, like a helium balloon.
So anyway, late summer here has been very dry. Nary a drop of rain to be seen. The lawns are turning brown, and the trees are turning color prematurely. And then... on the ONE day that I plan to take my daughter to the Old Port section of Porland to browse the quaint shops and indulge ourselves at one of the many little cafes for lunch (in honor of our birthdays- which are both in September, hers on the 4th & mine on the 16th) the forecast is for RAIN all DAY!
But we won’t let that stop us. We’ll just take along rainbows...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment